Our 3rd lecture was divided into 2 parts.
– Laura helped us to search in LOCATE
– Introduced us to www.keynote.co.uk
– Nnaemeka introduced us to the consulting practice, models that we are going to use in our reports, such as PESTEL, SWOT, 5 Porter’s Forces
– Familiarised us with the structure of the report and importance of critical reading
– We examined essentials of consulting competences & teacher shared his personal experience in this area
– Discussed an importance of understanding client’s needs and how to engage with the client
– Learnt how to engage with the client & business etiquette techniques
During this lesson I acquired a knowledge of effective communication with the client, main competencies that I should develop to be successful in consulting. Furthermore, given theory will help me to apply it in my profession.