On my second week of the APS module I had a class with two teachers: 2 hours with our librarian Laura and 2 hours with the module teacher Nnaemeka. Therefore my class was divided into two parts.
– Laura explained us the importance of using LOCATE database
– Showed useful resources for our assignments
– Database searching activities
– Explanation of the further module structure/assessments
– Further explanation about the oil and gas industry
– Stages of research
During this lesson I learnt a lot about Library’s facilities of the university, resources and the best ways to find articles and books on LOCATE. I enjoyed the second part of the lesson as well because the teacher explained us in details upstream, downstream & midstream sectors. Also, he covered important aspects of the research topic for our dissertations. I obtained the basics of the research models and understood their importance for my future course work.